New Delhi: Apple iPhone X will be available in India via offline retail stores from 6pm today.
The flagship handset features facial recognition, cordless charging and an edge-to-edge screen made of organic light-emitting diodes used in high-end televisions. It marks the 10th anniversary of the first iPhone release and hits about 50 markets around the world Friday.
The most immediately noticeable change to the iPhone X from previous models is the removal of the physical home button and fingerprint sensor that customers use to unlock the device.
Price of iPhone X
Rs 89,000 for 64GB version
Rs 1,02,000 for 256GB version.
The handset will be available in Silver and Space Grey colours. Apple-designed accessories like leather and silicone cases which will be available starting at Rs 3,500.
While leather folio of the same will be available at Rs 8,600, lightning dock in colour matching metallic finishes will be available at Rs 4,700.
Offers and availability
- Earlier the device was put up for pre-orders via Amazon, Flipkart, Apple resellers and other partner outlets on October 27 in the country.
- Airtel is providing with cashback for limited period between 6pm IST Friday and 7am IST on Saturday via its online store. Furthermore, customers purchasing iPhone X using Citibank credit cards will get a cashback of Rs 10,000.
- Mukesh Ambani-backed Reliance Jio has recently established a partnership with the tech giant Apple. The tie-up offers Jio customers, who buy the latest iPhone model from partner store, an option to get back 70 percent of the cost after one year of use.
- The offer, which came during the Indian festive season when discretionary spending typically rises, assures customers buying iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X models through Jio that they will get back 70 percent of the cost after a year of use.
- This is the first time such a hefty buyback offer has been made for an iPhone in India, Akash Ambani, the son of India's richest man, Reliance chairman Mukesh Ambani had said.
Reliance Jio's luring offer to satisfy data hunger of latest iPhone buyers
- For Reliance, this is the first time the company is offering such a hefty buyback price in a bid to win over high-spending Apple fans whose hunger for data, the company hopes, will boost revenues.
- The offer, which will likely boost Reliance's average revenue per user, will be available to Jio customers who buy the iPhone and subscribe to its Rs. 799 ($12.22) monthly package for 12 months.
- By comparison, the industry's monthly average revenue per user was just Rs. 80 in the quarter ended-June, according to recent regulatory data.
- While there is no penalty for downgrading to a cheaper plan or leaving the contract mid-way through, customers who do so will lose out on the buyback offer.
- With the Apple deal at the high end of the spectrum, Jio is also working to woo cost-conscious aspirational smartphone buyers at the lower end with a $23 4G phone that blurs the line between a smartphone and a traditional feature phone.
Here are the Key features of Apple iPhone X
The all-glass front and back feature durable glass in silver or space gray with a highly polished, surgical-grade stainless steel band wrapping around the iPhone X.
A seven-layer color process for precise color hues with reflective optical layer. It is both water and dust resistance.
The iPhone comes with 5.8-inch Super Retina display --the first OLED panel with stunning colors, true blacks, a million-to-one contrast ratio. The HDR display supports Dolby Vision and HDR10.
The iPhone X comes with Face ID authentication that uses TrueDepth camera system made up of a dot projector, infrared camera and flood illuminator. It is powered by A11 Bionic to accurately map and recognize a face.
Face ID projects more than 30,000 invisible IR dots. The IR image and dot pattern are pushed through neural networks to create a mathematical model of your face and send the data to the secure enclave to confirm a match.
Face ID only unlocks iPhone X when customers look at it and is designed to prevent spoofing by photos or masks.
Front and back cameras
The new 7-megapixel TrueDepth camera enables Face ID features wide color capture, auto image stabilization and precise exposure control, and brings Portrait mode to the front camera for stunning selfies with a depth-of-field effect.
iPhone X also features a redesigned dual 12-megapixel rear camera system with dual optical image stabilization. The ƒ/1.8 aperture on the wide-angle camera joins an improved ƒ/2.4 aperture on the telephoto camera for better photos and videos.
Working with A11 Bionic, the TrueDepth camera captures and analyzes over 50 different facial muscle movements, then animates those expressions in a dozen different Animoji, including a panda, unicorn and robot. Available as an iMessage app pre-installed on iPhone X, customers can record and send Animoji messages with their voice that can smile, frown and more.
A11 Bionic, the most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone, features a six-core CPU design. A11 Bionic also integrates an Apple-designed GPU with a three-core design that delivers up to 30 percent faster graphics performance than the previous generation. All this power enables incredible new machine learning, AR apps and immersive 3D games.
The glass back design enables a world-class wireless charging solution. Wireless charging works with the established Qi ecosystem, including two new wireless charging mats from Belkin and mophie.
Mobile, Laptop and Desktop Repair,