Are you shocked of the title? Yes I am going to guess your password. The logic behind this is that, people usually tempt uses some passwords. As you can see from the above image that most frequently used password around the world is “123456″ (Do you know one thing? my laptop’s current password is 123456).
This trick works for every electronic accounts from computer lock, social media accounts, to your bank password.
So check whether your password is in this category, before that nasty hacker attacks your account. To check do the following :
- Go to http://www.searchlores.org/commonpass1.htm
- Use the find or search option in your browser and see whether your password is listed in that page.
If you found your password there then change it to something else that is not in that list. So you are one step ahead of those smart hackers.
The Cleaver Technic
I usually temp to use the common passwords too, but I have a better idea that can trick those smart hackers. The logic is simple just use the permutations in the password.
The idea is as follows:
- First choose your password. For example I chose 123456.
- Then write it in the way that first letter comes first, second as the last letter, third letter as the second letter, fourth letter as the last before letter, and so on. In our example the password changes to 135642.
- I used a simple line drawing to illustrate the trick. 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6| | | | || ——–| |– -| |–1 3 5 6 4 2 1 3 5 6 4 2 1 3 5 6 4 2You can use any letters as password as I have used the numbers.You can also use any permutation technique.
- Don’t think you are safe, this is just a little list of those black hacker. The best option to prevent your valuable accounts is to use a random password (alpha numeric and special characters) whose length is greater that 9 characters.
- There are lot of random number generator available out in the wild. It is very tough to remember these password but we don’t have any other choice.
- Also change the passwords frequently.
If you know some other sources that offers the default password and you know some other ways to enhance password security then comment them below.