web stats service from statcounter



Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Next-Gen-Portable-Gaming-Device

Xbox COO Dennis Durkin spoke to Industry Gamers about their view of the mobile gaming market, including the recently launched and very powerful PlayStation Vita.

"I’m not sure I would want to be launching a dedicated portable device right now into that market. I think the DS – if you look at the 3DS, certainly versus people’s expectation’s it’s not been as successful as people would have thought. So that’s a very crowded market and a very, very red ocean right now with a lot of change happening. So I’m not sure it’s [a good idea]," he said.

Microsoft has said repeatedly that Windows Phone 7 was their portable gaming device, and there are increasing evidence of ever deeper integration and capabilities including multiplayer gaming and in-game voice chat in Windows Phone 7 Mango.

"You only have a certain number of bets you can make as a company and you have to decide what you want to put your wood behind and I’m just not sure that that’s a place (a dedicated handheld console) that I would put mine."

Via Attackofthefanboy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top